Saturday 19 September 2015

Time is a Businessman


The tiny drops dancing on my balcony and my childhood photo album in my hand, it pulled me to a faraway world and I meekly surrendered. I met a stranger there. It was me.

And looking at her I thought about time, which bit by bit, stole her.

Time is a perfect businessman, at every turn, it give us something, but not without taking away a bit from us.
He traded
My innocence for maturity
My vulnerability for strength
My careless laughs for thoughtful smiles
My crazy dreams for real ambitions
And as time passed, I became a little more rational, a little more practical, a little more mature.
But... a little less me.
And a time came I couldn’t cry as I used to, laugh as I used to and sometimes even love as I used to.
The layers of different seasons that covered us are too hard, too deep to dig into to find the real us. And sometimes in a moment of solitude when we are just about to reach ourselves, we are pulled back by work, kids or the practical world around us and we are just consumed by another demand of life.
And the stranger slowly drifts back into the mist of time.

2 comments:

  1. Well said.
    May be its Charles Darwin Theory of Evolution at work:We evolving to better survive in this revised conceret jungle.

    ReplyDelete